The Ministry of Matters of the Heart is built upon what we believe, and what we believe is based on the Word of God and our personal faith in Jesus Christ. However, in Intensives and Workshops, we are sensitive, compassionate, gentle, and accepting of each person's individual journey. We are not pushy, legalistic, or rigid in our approach.
- We believe that there is one God, creator and sustainer of the universe, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God, is inerrant in the original manuscripts and uniquely infallible, our only authority for faith and practice.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitution sacrifice upon the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His victory over sin, in His present exaltation at His Father's right hand, and in His personal return, at any time, in power and great glory.
- We believe in the fall and the lostness of mankind, whose complete separation from God requires that he be regenerated by the Holy Spirit for salvation. We believe that salvation consists of the forgiveness of sins, the imputation of Christ's righteousness, and the gift of eternal life, received by grace through faith alone, entirely apart from works.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and by whom the Church, the Body of Christ, is gifted and equipped to serve and glorify God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all mankind. Those who have trusted in Christ, the ultimate Judge, will receive everlasting life and blessedness in heaven; those who have not trusted in Christ will receive everlasting separation from the presence of God.